Business Analyst - Operational TransformationProduct Malaga Permanent
The Workshop is a tech company that develops incredible software for our clients in the online gaming industry. We make simple, refined and beautifully-designed games, but that’s not all – we do everything from research and development to marketing and support services. How? By hiring great people and trusting them to challenge, change, improve and perfect our products and processes. It’s the kind of place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and move fearlessly forward.
You’ll be part of a super-motivated business analysis team spread across multiple delivery teams, reporting to Head of Operational Transformation. Each delivery team includes product and technical leadership, development, architecture, quality assurance, and project management functions.
You’ll be critical to the business analysis function as you will be performing a lead role for complex programmes of work impacting multiple business areas. Working hand-in-hand with your stakeholders – from clients and business sponsors to agile engineers – you’ll define AS-IS and TO-BE processes, pinpoint limitations and recommend improvements. In short, you’ll be a key person in creating our next strategic products.
What you’ll do
- Lead requirements management for complex programmes of work involving multiple business areas.
- Analyse, synthesize, and refine stakeholders needs into requirements that are understandable and usable by Solution Architects (This will require specifying and modelling requirements into UML artefacts, wikis and/or JIRA repositories)
- Analyse and quantify the potential value, cost (effort) and risk of alternative solutions proposed by Solution Architects
- Provide business analysis support for transformational projects
- Facilitate Product approval of proposed solutions before Story Mapping takes place
- Carry out peer reviews on acceptance criteria drafted by BAs across different product verticals
- Update client-facing elements in our wiki (Client Portal, Training Manuals, Release Notes, etc.)
- Review closure of initiatives with assigned BAs to ensure BA documentation is available for re-use
What you’ll bring
- Experienced in stakeholders management and general requirements management
- Experienced in documenting business requirements using Agile artefacts
- Experienced in documenting context for requirements using modelling techniques (UML, Data dictionaries, Dimensional Modelling)
- Relevant degree (Math, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering background preferred)
- Familiar with Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence)
- Good at getting on with things in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment
- At least 3 years of experience in Business Analysis
What’s in it for you
Our Inventors enjoy…
- A generous relocation package
- Medical insurance for you and your family
- A free private bus between the office and Malaga city centre
- Free English or Spanish language classes
- Fun socials – from weekly drinks to big seasonal events. We’ve even got a football team
- An in-office massage service
- Soft drinks and fresh fruit
- A games room
- Regular Hackathons (for techies) and Designathons (for code-phobes)
- Six weeks’ paid leave for each four years of service
Sound good? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Are you a fearless inventor?