Data Science ManagerIT Services London Permanent
The Workshop is a tech company that develops incredible software for our clients in the online gaming industry. We make simple, refined and beautifully-designed games, but that’s not all – we do everything from research and development to marketing and support services. How? By hiring great people and trusting them to challenge, change, improve and perfect our products and processes. It’s the kind of place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and move fearlessly forward.
As a Data Science Manager, you will be responsible for leading Data Science projects and resources that will provide deep insights and analysis into the performance of our global suite of Digital brands and our Product Management organization. You will combine your domain knowledge, experience of quantitative and statistical methods as well as expertise in Data warehousing and Data engineering to ensure that our stakeholders become ‘data driven’ and that Sr. business leaders are able to consume the reports and insights needed to align to growth strategies for key performance indicators.
You will be the relied upon subject matter expert in the Data Science discipline the data to drive decision-making and to shape business/product/marketing/CRM strategy. You will help to identify and solve specific ad-hoc business problems through deep data analysis, building and maintaining machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms that will transform the way data is used within the organization.
You will work closely with other business intelligence team members, and Sr. members of the product and engineering organization to construct, manage and maintain a project priority list and repository of completed work to be shared with key partners in the organization. Working with other business units and stakeholders across the organization you will combine data sources across platforms to create an environment for testing ad-hoc, complex and ambiguous data sets to model various business outcomes.
What you’ll do
- Manage people, virtual teams and or cross-team resources, projects and data science infrastructure
- Structure, analyze and report on business performance from data extraction, to statistical analysis to visualization
- Build complex data models, including machine learning algorithms, to test business outcomes and automate processes
- Perform deep statistical analysis to validate report findings and test hypothesis from business stakeholders
- Develop and implement best practice methodologies for the quantitative analysis & visualization of business data
- Use a combination of web metrics, customer data, financial reporting and third-party research data to generate insights on business performance through deep data mining
- Along with BI Sr. Managers, proactively structure analyses from hypothesis development to modelling to support business decisions
- Work with counterparts in Business Intelligence to identify under-penetrated market segments and analyze ROI of key product initiatives
- Perform hands-on analysis in support of business requests, including development of conclusions and recommendations
- When appropriate, support other business units in analyzing current and potential partner relationships
What you’ll bring
- Personable character and a good communicator – ability to communicate complex, technical concepts to non-technical staff
- Line management experience in a Data Science or Analytics capacity
- Strong SQL, relational database knowledge and Excel skills
- Excellent data manipulation skills
- Ability to work with current data mining tools and willingness to keep up to speed with the latest Big Data and Data Science tools, technology and theory (R, Python etc.)
- Ability to manipulate structured and unstructured data in relational databases, graph databases, other big data environments
- Knowledge of machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms
- Experience in Business Intelligence, reporting & visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, various Web Analytics platforms)
- Experience in multi-channel analytics, including web analytics
- Degree educated or relevant experience, preferably in a statistical / mathematical subject (Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or Operations Research
What’s in it for you
Our Inventors enjoy…
- A great location in the heart of London’s Soho
- Private medical insurance
- Pension plan
- Confidential support through Workplace Options
- Loads of social events – from our weekly Thirsty Thursday drinks trolley to our big seasonal parties.
- Keep your skills sharp with learning and training opportunities
- Season ticket loan
- Soft drinks and fresh fruit
- Ping pong, darts and pool
- Osteopathy and acupuncture
- Regular Hackathon (for the techies) and Designathon (for the code-phobes)
- Celebrate every four years of service with six weeks of paid leave on us
Sound good? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Are you a fearless inventor?