Solutions ArchitectSoftware Development London Permanent
The Workshop is a tech company that develops incredible software for our clients in the online gaming industry. We make simple, refined and beautifully-designed games, but that’s not all – we do everything from research and development to marketing and support services. How? By hiring great people and trusting them to challenge, change, improve and perfect our products and processes. It’s the kind of place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and move fearlessly forward.
Reporting into the Director of the Lab – the Solutions Architect oversees the technical leadership, direction and governance of software architecture within the Lab Engineering function.
The Lab provides R&D capabilities across the organisation with a focus on designing and developing disruptive new ideas, implementing cutting-edge technology and delivering high quality solutions. The Lab’s primary focus is on developing crypto-currency and blockchain technologies.
The position will oversee the planning and execution of all software architecture activities across the assigned area including ownership of the overall system design ensuring it fits with the wider Product and Organisational direction. This role requires a candidate that is capable of providing strategic direction and being hands on at an engineering level when required.
What you’ll do
- Provide technical leadership, direction and governance to the Lab teams
- Work closely with the product teams to identify suitable architecture/technical solutions
- Identify and own delivery of non-functional requirements such as Performance, Scalability and Security
- Collaborate with Lab Teams to enforce architecture, development standards and best practice
- Bridge engineering with associated product, infrastructure and operations teams
- Promote shared infrastructure and applications to reduce cost and improve information flow
- Follow a suitably lean process for identifying, documenting and handing over architecture to solution architects and development teams
- Pro-actively drive innovation with new ideas and opportunities made available through new technologies
- Develop and maintain a compelling strategic technical vision for the organization that is aligned to the corporate OKR’s
- Mentor, coach and develop the development leads
What you’ll bring
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of designing and implementing “full-stack” enterprise scale solutions
- Experience of software design and modelling techniques
- Experience with preparing and presenting proposals and initiatives to stakeholders to gain support and endorsement
- Experience with evaluating and on-boarding new technologies to solve current and future problems
- Experience with implementing Event Driven and Micro-Service Architectures
- Experience with both Waterfall & Agile Methodologies such as RUP, XP and Scrum
- Experience with Architecture Frameworks such as TOGAF or Zachman
- Experience of Software Design Patterns including Enterprise Integration Patterns with hands-on experience of integrating 3rd party systems
- Results oriented with a proven track record of delivering to tight deadlines
- A Common-sense and practical approach
- Demonstrable keen interest and natural curiosity about new technologies
- Fearless presentation skills that engage and captivate audiences
- Ability to inspire, motivate and influence others
- Proven track record of good decision making
- Great communications skills including fluent English
- Stellar organisational and time management skills
- Background in Financial/Banking or related field preferred
- Experience with Crypto Currencies and/or Blockchain Technologies an advantage
- Experience with Machine Learning an advantage
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ Years’ experience in progressive IT with an emphasis on leadership
What’s in it for you
Our Inventors enjoy…
- A great location in the heart of London’s Soho
- Private medical insurance
- Pension plan
- Confidential support through Workplace Options
- Loads of social events – from our weekly Thirsty Thursday drinks trolley to our big seasonal parties.
- Keep your skills sharp with learning and training opportunities
- Season ticket loan
- Soft drinks and fresh fruit
- Ping pong, darts and pool
- Osteopathy and acupuncture
- Regular Hackathon (for the techies) and Designathon (for the code-phobes)
- Celebrate every four years of service with six weeks of paid leave on us
Sound good? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Are you a fearless inventor?