Senior Business AnalystSoftware Development London Permanent
The Workshop is a tech company that develops incredible software for our clients in the online gaming industry. We make simple, refined and beautifully-designed games, but that’s not all – we do everything from research and development to marketing and support services. How? By hiring great people and trusting them to challenge, change, improve and perfect our products and processes. It’s the kind of place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and move fearlessly forward.
You’ll be critical to the business analysis function as you will be performing a lead role for complex programmes of work impacting multiple business areas.
Working hand-in-hand with your stakeholders – from clients and business sponsors to agile engineers – you’ll define AS-IS and TO-BE processes, pinpoint limitations and recommend improvements. In short, you’ll be a key person in creating our next strategic products.
You’ll be part of the super-motivated business analyses team reporting into the Head of Business Analysis and working closely with the Crypto Currency delivery team on various Block chain and crypto currency related projects.
What you’ll do
- Work under broad direction playing a significant role in the delegation of responsibilities for the business analysis function.
- Capture requirements for complex programmes across product verticals using a variety of techniques like workshops, interviews, etc. Experienced in complex multi array reporting, data modelling, reports design with different analysis techniques
- Influence organization, customers, suppliers, partners and peers on the contribution of own specialism. Build appropriate and effective business relationships
- Perform an extensive range and variety of complex technical and/or professional work activities. Undertake work which requires the application of fundamental principles in a wide and often unpredictable range of contexts. Understand the relationship between own specialism and wider customer/organizational requirements.
- Lead requirements communication and validation across different product verticals. Use appropriate techniques to have requirements validated in efficient and quality manner.
- Advise on the available standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to own specialism and can make appropriate choices from alternatives.
- Maintain existing product knowledge base
What you’ll bring
- Experienced in stakeholders management and gathering requirements techniques
- Experienced in documenting business requirements using Agile artefacts
- Experience in requirements leadership across more development teams
- Strong attention to detail combined with an ability to see the big picture
- Have a good understanding of software development industry. Well-versed in Agile, Scrum and competing methodologies – and skilled at knowing when to use which
- Relevant degree (Math, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering background preferred)
- Relevant domain knowledge in Betting/Gambling, Payments or Finance required
- Experience working with Block chain or Crypto Currencies advantageous
- Familiar with Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence)
- Good at getting on with things in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment
- Communicate effectively, both formally and informally
- Experienced in coaching and mentoring business analysts
- BCS Foundation in Business Analysis Certification or any equivalent certification is a plus
What’s in it for you
Our Inventors enjoy…
- A great location in the heart of London’s Soho
- Private medical insurance
- Pension plan
- Confidential support through Workplace Options
- Loads of social events – from our weekly Thirsty Thursday drinks trolley to our big seasonal parties.
- Keep your skills sharp with learning and training opportunities
- Season ticket loan
- Soft drinks and fresh fruit
- Ping pong, darts and pool
- Osteopathy and acupuncture
- Regular Hackathon (for the techies) and Designathon (for the code-phobes)
- Celebrate every four years of service with six weeks of paid leave on us
Sound good? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Are you a fearless inventor?