Desktop Support SpecialistIT Services Malaga Permanent
At The Workshop, we invent and reinvent software solutions so businesses can rise above the competition. From disruptive fintech to cutting-edge encryption, we’re all about thinking big and bringing our razor-sharp ideas to life. We’re not bogged down by process or limited by lack of aspiration. And we trust each other to make intelligent decisions, to challenge, change, improve and perfect. It’s a culture where forward-thinkers like you can be fearless.
The Desktop Support Specialist will join our growing IT Operations team in Malaga.
We need someone who has exceptional troubleshooting and customer service skills and is experienced at providing Support for the following OS:
o MS Windows 7/8/10
o Mac OSX
o Linux Fedora 24/25
What you’ll do
• Provide computer systems troubleshooting and support to our Malaga Corporate user base of approx. 350 users.
• Provide timely and consistent support, acknowledging and recording all incidents and requests.
• Handle network and desktop setup for New Employees/Visitors and office moves.
• Handle iPhones and IP phone issues for current and new users.
• Manage print queues and meeting room setup.
• Assist with moves and changes and project roll-outs.
• Ensure all machines have the latest security patches
• Setup and provide support for Video Conferencing facilities.
• Manage hardware inventory and purchasing requests.
• Create documentation for corporate policies and processes.
What you’ll bring
• Minimum 2 – 3 years of experience in a Desktop support\Technical Support role
• Related education/certification
• Exceptional troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
• A strong sense of responsibility and initiative and an ability to complete tasks accurately
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a team environment and independently
• Expected to be familiar with all corporate processes and policies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with high interpersonal skills and customer orientation
• Some physical lifting required
Working experience with:
o MS Windows 7/8/10
Building and deploying corporate images using WDS, SCCM
Install and configuring any Corporate applications
Troubleshooting OS/Application issues
o Mac OSX
Install Operating system from image and install updates
Configuring the network, joining the machine to the domain
o TCP/IP and associated services (e.g., DNS, DHCP)
Configure TCP/IP in the different operating systems
Troubleshooting LAN/Wi-Fi issues
o PC and MAC hardware/software
Troubleshooting hardware problems
Re-use components from other similar machines
Contact 3rd party suppliers to request support
o Active Directory
Setup new users in the AD
Create security groups
Manage AD users permissions
o Exchange Server 2013
Setup new email accounts
Setup new distribution lists
Create/rename meeting rooms.
o Mobile Devices
Setup new mobile users in the server
Reset a mobile account
Contact suppliers for request support
o Cisco IP Phones and Call manager setup
Setup new telephone extensions
Install new IP phones for new users.
o Video Conferencing
Setup/install Video Conference Units
Configure VC Meeting Rooms
Troubleshooting any issues with Telecoms Team
Provide support to VC meetings.
What’s in it for you
- A generous relocation package
- Medical insurance for you and your family
- A free private bus between the office and Malaga city centre
- Free English or Spanish language classes
- Fun socials – from weekly drinks to big seasonal events. We’ve even got a football team
- An in-office massage service
- Soft drinks and fresh fruit
- A games room
- Regular Hackathons (for techies) and Designathons (for code-phobes)
- Six weeks’ paid leave for each four years of service.
Sound good? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Are you a fearless inventor?