Business Analyst - Websites & PlatformProduct Malaga Permanent
At The Workshop, we invent and reinvent software solutions so businesses can rise above the competition. From disruptive software to cutting-edge technology, we’re all about thinking big and bringing our razor-sharp ideas to life. We’re not bogged down by process or limited by lack of aspiration. And we trust each other to make intelligent decisions, to challenge, change, improve and perfect. It’s a culture where forward-thinkers like you can be fearless.
You’ll be critical to the product lifecycle as you capture business requirements though gathering requirements techniques and translate them into agile artefacts for our Agile delivery teams. Working hand-in-hand with your stakeholders – from clients and business sponsors to agile engineers – you’ll define AS-IS and TO-BE processes, pinpoint limitations and recommend improvements. In short, you’ll be a key person in creating our next products.
It means getting all business requirements defined in detail for our Agile delivery teams and checking that any new functionality is exactly how it was requested in the business requirements. As part of that, you’ll be closely involved in all agile meetings which require requirements clarifications, requirements prioritization and new functionality feedback.
You’ll be part of a super-motivated business analysis team spread across all Agile delivery teams. Each Agile team includes product and technical leadership, development, architecture, quality assurance, and project management functions.
What you’ll do
- Capture business requirements using gathering requirements techniques identifying the true problem together with product stakeholders
- Translate business requirements into functional and non-functional requirements using agile artefacts
- Work closely with business sponsors to prioritize and maintain the product backlog
- Work closely with Agile delivery teams presenting or clarifying requirements and reviewing their deliverables
- Keep the product backlog prioritized based on business value
- Analyze and manage any day-to-day requirements changes keeping business sponsors and agile delivery teams informed
- Manage business requirements across multiple agile development teams, keeping a close eye on quality
- Maintain existing product knowledge base
What you’ll bring
- Experienced in stakeholders management and gathering requirements techniques
- Experienced in documenting business requirements using Agile artefacts
- Experience in requirements leadership across more development teams
- Strong attention to detail combined with an ability to see the big picture
- Well-versed in Agile, Scrum and competing methodologies – and skilled at knowing when to use which
- Relevant degree (Math, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering background preferred)
- Relevant domain knowledge
- Familiar with Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence)
- Good at getting on with things in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment
- At least 3 years of experience in Business Analysis
- BCS Foundation in Business Analysis Certification or any equivalent certification is a plus
What’s in it for you
- A generous relocation package
- Medical insurance for you and your family
- A free private bus between the office and Malaga city centre
- Free English or Spanish language classes
- Fun socials – from weekly drinks to big seasonal events. We’ve even got a football team
- An in-office massage service
- Soft drinks and fresh fruit
- A games room
- Regular Hackathons (for techies) and Designathons (for code-phobes)
- Six weeks’ paid leave for each four years of service.
Sound good? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Are you a fearless inventor?