DevOps EngineerIT Services Malaga Permanent
The Workshop is looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our brilliant DevOps team.
We’re a tech company that develops pioneering software for our clients in the online gaming industry. We don’t just make games– we take care of every stage from research and development to marketing and support services.
You’ll be part of a super-motivated, friendly team that works hard to support the people who build and deliver our software. It’s our mission to come up with awesome new tools to help development teams across the company do things in a safer, more automated way.
Your main challenge will be to make sure our agile methodology isn’t held up by operational requirements, delivery delays or software transitions. That means you’ll keep services running smoothly throughout test, development, and production, always looking for ways to improve software and processes.
We hire experts, so we trust you to take responsibility and get on with doing a great job. In return, you’ll be encouraged and supported to expand your capabilities, and build your career.
What you’ll do
- Plan upgrades of large, complex systems across a variety of environments, working closely with key staff across multiple sites.
- Manage technical releases including software deploys, de-risking deploys and change request reviews.
- Investigate and diagnose problems, assign or carry out code and deployment fixes, and keep documents up to date.
- Make workflow more efficient and the system more stable.
- Build and verify new servers, including tracking network changes.
- Build tools for automate, simplify and de-risk processes.
- Work with bleeding-edge tools and technologies.
What you’ll bring
- Experience of containerisation and virtualisation technologies: Kubernetes, Docker, rkt, VMWare, Vagrant, VirtualBox.
- Deep understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment concepts and tools, including: SCMs (Git, Subversion), CI servers (Bamboo, Jenkins), build tools (Maven, Gradle), binary repositories (Nexus, Artifactory,) and code quality tools (SonarQube). (Bonus: experience with the Atlassian stack)
- Good understanding of Infrastructure as Code, and how to achieve it using: Puppet, Ansible, Terraform (Bonus: AWX).
- Knowledge of database administration, including: Cassandra, ElasticSearch, MySQL, Oracle etc.
- Basic programming skills. Knowledge of code, coding concepts, and advanced knowledge of scripting languages: Bash, Python, Ruby. (Bonus: Django)
- Familiar with Java software development, including JEE concepts, current technologies and frameworks.
- A talented Linux administrator and investigator who knows about network diagnostics and services.
- Basic knowledge of Windows systems administration and investigation, especially of event log and services.
- A positive attitude and flexible approach; you’ll be working to tight deadlines and delivering to strict SLAs.
- Hands-on experience in cloud IaaS – in particular Openstack.
What’s in it for you
- A generous relocation package
- Medical insurance for you and your family
- A free private bus between the office and Malaga city centre
- Free English or Spanish language classes
- Fun socials – from weekly drinks to big seasonal events. We’ve even got a football team
- An in-office massage service
- Soft drinks and fresh fruit
- A games room
- Regular Hackathons (for techies) and Designathons (for code-phobes)
- Six weeks’ paid leave for each four years of service.
Sound good? Then we’d love to hear from you.