Linux EngineerIT Services Malaga Permanent
At The Workshop, we invent and reinvent software solutions so businesses can rise above the competition. From disruptive software to cutting-edge technology, we’re all about thinking big and bringing our razor-sharp ideas to life. We’re not bogged down by process or limited by lack of aspiration. And we trust each other to make intelligent decisions, to challenge, change, improve and perfect. It’s a culture where forward-thinkers like you can be fearless.
As a Linux Engineer, you are responsible for innovate and develop our Linux based systems and transition them into our production support infrastructure team. Creativity and automation will be the two big themes that this role will demand.
You will be measured on your ability to deliver efficient and reliable solutions, with the goal of ensuring that the business’s evolve into a more autonomous and controlled environment. Feedback will be garnered from product development, infrastructure teams and product oriented teams to align and track the effectiveness of the solutions implemented.
What you’ll do
- Responsible in all day to day needs of TWS linux operations: SSL, DNS, servers build, servers decommission, patching, monitoring, etc.
- Manage and deploy OpenStack clusters in Development/Test/Staging and corporate environments.
- Fine tune VMs configurations to get the best performance/resource consumption.
- Participate in capacity planning and management of the infrastructure.
- Maintaining our base docker images.
- Controlling the Linux patching lifecycle including repositories maintenance, packages release and reports generation.
- Mastering our SCM solution (Puppet).
- Develop the new logging and monitoring solution in conjunction with Continuous Service Improvement team and Operations team.
- Lead the knowledge transfer of new functionalities created by CSI team into our global Operations team.
- Work with Desktop Support teams in the management of users Linux based workstations.
What you’ll bring
- Solid skilled in Unix/Linux Administration (RedHat, CentOS)
- Clued-up on enterprise level virtualization (VMware/OpenStack)
- Designing and delivering next-gen solutions for TWS infrastructure services.
- Automating repetitive tasks using scripting (Python, Bash, PowerShell etc.)
- Autonomous, with proactive attitude, detail-oriented, highly organized, and quick to adapt to changes.
What’s in it for you
- Challenging and fulfilling work at an innovative, global company that uses cutting-edge tech
- Global work experience in an Agile environment
- Competitive salary and relocation packages
- Amazing office in the Technology Park of Málaga
- Team building events, learning labs and extravagant corporate events
- Office perks including gaming consoles, darts, pool, foosball, books and a kitchen full of coffee, fruit and even ice-cream.