Senior Java Developer - BlockchainSoftware Development London Permanent
At The Workshop, we invent and reinvent software solutions so businesses can rise above the competition. From disruptive software to cutting-edge technology, we’re all about thinking big and bringing our razor-sharp ideas to life.
We’re not bogged down by process or limited by lack of aspiration. And we trust each other to make intelligent decisions, to challenge, change, improve and perfect. It’s a culture where forward-thinkers like you can be fearless.
The Workshop is currently looking for a Java Developers to join our software development function called The Lab.
You’ll be working on our exciting R&D projects as we build our next generation payments platforms for our clients. Using blockchain technology, you’ll be working on projects across AI, machine learning and cryptocurrency.
Develop as a pragmatic full-stack developer, delivery focused, and embellishing all your interests in the emerging world of Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, and machine learning. All whilst using cutting-edge technologies.
It is an exciting time to join and we are looking for someone who is passionate, motivated, driven and up for the challenge!
What you’ll do
You’ll be working at the forefront of technology as part of a technically astute and passionate development team building our next generation financial services platform
- Developing high quality, maintainable, and scalable solutions
- Owning delivery of features end to end, analysis and design
- Take ownership of systems and servers stability over the different environments
- Investigating new tools/technologies/ideas to promote further improvement of the system
- Promote and enforce best practices, existing development guidelines and continuous code improvement.
What you’ll bring
With strong knowledge of Java, you bring a passion for building cutting-edge, high quality applications.
- Experience of developing financial application and an understanding of encryption technologies.
- Experience of Algorithmic programming in multiple languages
- Quick learner, Creative thinker, Researcher, Deliver
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Deep knowledge in one of these
- Java 8 / 9, Spring, Spring Boot
- Willingness to work outside of area of expertise
- Strong understanding of QA concepts
- Maven, Confluence, Nexus
- Prior knowledge of payment gateway technologies is desirable.
- Knowledge of automated testing (Selenium, protractor, SoapUI, etc)
- Cassandra, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Neo4J
- Crypto Currency or Blockchain Technologies
What you'll work with
You’ll work in a collaborative, technology driven, AGILE environment with exposure including but not limited to the following:
- Machine learning
What’s in it for you
- Challenging and fulfilling work at an innovative, global company that uses cutting-edge tech
- Global work experience in an Agile environment
- Competitive salary and relocation packages
- Team building events, learning labs and extravagant corporate events
- Office perks including gaming consoles, table tennis, pool table, darts, foosball, books and a kitchen full of coffee, fruit and even ice-cream.