Software EngineerSoftware Development Malaga Permanent
At The Workshop, we invent and reinvent software solutions so businesses can rise above the competition. From disruptive fintech to cutting-edge encryption, we’re all about thinking big and bringing our razor-sharp ideas to life. We’re not bogged down by process or limited by lack of aspiration. And we trust each other to make intelligent decisions, to challenge, change, improve and perfect. It’s a culture where forward-thinkers like you can be fearless.
What you’ll do
- Work on both server-side and client-side development for a variety of exciting n-tier enterprise projects
- Design and develop code, put it into action and support projects on the application level.
- Code responsible from the very beginning until production environment.
- Write, maintain and document unit and integration tests, and write up new and modified functionality
- Regularly analyse and review the code crafted by fellow visionaries to make sure it’s always spot-on
- Work closely with Technical Leads and Architects to make our software design and quality unbeatable
- Not just coding but building, owning and running applications.
- No just developing but operating, observing and learning to make it better…
What you’ll bring
We are looking for talented developers with solid analytical, design and problem solving skills, expertise with high-performance applications. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
- Strong Backend skills, (multithreading, OOP…) and/or Strong Frontend skills
- Good understanding of web based applications (Http protocol, Web Servers, Caching, …)
- Good testing practices (unit, component and E2E testing)
- Understands data modelling
- Agile approach to development
- Continuous integrations tools.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Fearless to learn new languages/frameworks
Well-organised too, whether you are making stuff happen in a team or getting on with things on your own. In addition, you will have no problem coming up with ideas – or explaining them clearly.
What you'll work with
- Java Latest version
- Web development (JS/Angular)
- Web services (REST)
- Spring boot, Spring cloud,
- Build tools (Maven, NPM, Webpack) as well as version control systems (Git)
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes…)
- Testing frameworks (Junit, Jasmine, JBehave and Selenium) and testing practices, contract testing.
- Apache Cassandra and Elasticsearch
- Messaging (RabbitMQ)
- Concurrent programming and threading
- Optimizing and turning not-so-sexy technologies into fancy stuff.
Always updating and adapting our systems to new technologies.
What’s in it for you
- Challenging and fulfilling work at an innovative, global company that uses cutting-edge tech
- Global work experience in an Agile methodology
- International and multi-cultural environment (over 20 nationalities)
- Competitive salary and relocation packages
- Amazing office in the Technology Park of Málaga
- Team building events, learning labs and extravagant corporate events
- Office perks including gaming consoles, darts, pool, foosball, books and a kitchen full of coffee, fruit and even ice-cream