Monitoring & Tooling EngineerIT Services Malaga Permanent
At The Workshop, we invent and reinvent software solutions so businesses can rise above the competition. From disruptive fintech to cutting-edge encryption, we’re all about thinking big and bringing our razor-sharp ideas to life. We’re not bogged down by process or limited by lack of aspiration. And we trust each other to make intelligent decisions, to challenge, change, improve and perfect. It’s a culture where forward-thinkers like you can be fearless.
As a Monitoring and Tooling Engineer, you are responsible for:
- The collaboration tools used within TWS: products and services Infrastructure team provides to the organization at product development level. You will work closely with engineering, operation and business teams to improve their workflows and enabling new plugins and features that will ease their daily basis work. Also assisting different business units to report their status metrics to assist in the decision-making process.
- You will also provide statistics and performance indicators to other IT groups with the aim of collectively achieving high availability and uptime of all services through performance trend analysis and the identification of bottlenecks, capacity issues, and other points of concern. Also assisting Monitoring Specialists teams in the usage and implementation of all monitoring tools and platforms that will provide monitoring and alerting capabilities for all software and hardware components across all data centers and environments.
You will be measured on your ability to deliver efficient and reliable solutions, with the goal of ensuring that the business’s monitoring and statistics gathering needs are being met. Feedback will be garnered from product development, infrastructure teams and product oriented teams to align and track the effectiveness of the solutions implemented.
What you’ll do
- Administer Atlassian products instances (i.e. user/project set up, management of notification/permissions schemes, global configurations, workflow changes and training).
- Participate in requirement gathering efforts with stakeholders for new requests and enhancements.
- Lead Atlassian adoption strategies (e.g. enhancements of Atlassian support service desk, etc.).
- Train users on new features and tools usage.
- Design, develop, and implement of a new highly available global monitoring platform that will meet current and future business needs and expectations.
- Collaborate with development and operational staff to ensure accurate and useful monitoring and statistics gathering are in place.
- Creating production monitors and dashboards in systems such as Icinga, Grafana or similar.
- Provide documentation and tools for the rapid deployment of new monitors, alerts, and graphs by development and operational staff.
- Share knowledge and procedures with Monitoring Specialists and day to day users.
What you’ll bring
- Administering collaboration tools from Atlassian or similars.
- Rolling over Application Performance Management (APM) tools such as New Relic, AppDynamics or Foglight.
- Creating Advanced dashboards using Grafana to monitor and audit our products.
- Automating repetitive tasks using scripting (Python, Bash, PowerShell etc.)
- Creating user friendly interfaces for daily basis automated procedures.
- collaborating with diverse groups including senior management in simplifying their repetitive tasks.
- Autonomous, with proactive attitude, detail-oriented, highly organized, and quick to adapt to changes.
What’s in it for you
- Challenging and fulfilling work at an innovative, global company that uses cutting-edge tech
- Global work experience in an Agile environment
- Competitive salary and relocation packages
- Amazing office in the Technology Park of Málaga
- Team building events, learning labs and extravagant corporate events
- Office perks including gaming consoles, darts, pool, foosball, books and a kitchen full of coffee, fruit and even ice-cream.
Are you a fearless inventor?