UX ResearcherProduct London Permanent
At The Workshop, we invent and reinvent software solutions so businesses can rise above the competition. From disruptive software to cutting-edge technology, we’re all about thinking big and bringing our razor-sharp ideas to life. We’re not bogged down by process or limited by lack of aspiration. And we trust each other to make intelligent decisions, to challenge, change, improve and perfect. It’s a culture where forward-thinkers like you can be fearless
As a UX Researcher, you’ll work alongside our UI Designers, UX Designers, Developer engineers and Product Managers. You’ll play a strategic role in answers challenging questions for our digital products and services. Your role will be to help ask the hard questions, through research that explores our user’s needs, behaviors and motivations. Together, with your colleagues you’ll help shape beautiful, intuitive, accessible and elegant product experiences for our clients.
Working closely with our in-house Business Insight team, you’ll be responsible for championing user needs, establishing and advocating user-centric methodologies and deliver insights to both your direct colleagues within Product Design, as well as Product Managers, Software Engineers, and many others.
The Product Design department consists of UI Designers, Graphic Designers, UX Designers, Marketing and researchers, that support the larger company organization. That means you’ll be working across multiple teams and contributing towards an overarching experience strategy that transcends an expanding range of product and service offerings, via our digital, web and mobile apps.
We’re looking for team players. People who are comfortable with sharing and listening to others. We’re looking for people have a keen interest in design and ecosystems. Most importantly, people who are naturally empathetic, creative and have a passion for making the end product the best there is.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the in-house Business Insights (BI) team (be the bridge between the BI, Product Design and UX teams)
- Conduct in-house research to test new product and concept developments.
- Conduct strategic UX Research that will help provide guidance and advise within the product design team and the wider business.
- Conduct and/or lead key generative, formative, summative and evaluative research activities. This would include competitive & landscape research, expert & user interviews, person & remote) focus groups and surveys.-(in field research, usability studies
- Deliver user recruitment briefs, screeners, requirement gathering, script writing, test moderation, analysis, report writing and presenting.
- Partner with Product Designers, Product Manages, Software Engineers, other Researchers and other colleagues to oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch and beyond.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences (including senior leaders) through
written reports, oral presentations, and other novel approaches.
What you’ll bring
- A compelling portfolio comprising of numerous user studies showcasing your thinking, contribution, actions, and outcomes that stemmed from the work.
- Demonstrated competency and capabilities in planning, conducting, analysis and presenting qualitative research.
- Demonstrated experience in developing user personas and knowledge of creating experience maps.
- Experience of working with agile, lean, sprint based processes.
- Demonstrated ability of strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge of working on mobile products and web applications.
- Desirable, experience of working with games
- Strong interpersonal skills including; collaborating, sharing, listening, receiving feedback and be comfortable with taking direction.
- Strong qualitative research skills, be able to manage the end-to-end delivery (needs gathering, workshops, recruitment, interviews, analysis, reports, and presentations).
- Ability to work collaboratively and autonomously, managing your own time and competing demands.
- Natural desire to talk with Product Designers, Researchers, Products Managers and others around the business to identify research opportunities. Form research plans and support those around you to help deliver great user experiences.
- Ability to communicate the value of research, championing the user to inform our decisions, whilst balancing the needs of our identity and business.
- Desirable, experience of working with games
What’s in it for you
- Challenging and fulfilling work at an innovative, global company that uses cutting-edge tech
- Global work experience in an Agile environment
- Competitive salary and relocation packages
- Team building events, learning labs and extravagant corporate events
- Office perks including gaming consoles, darts, pool, foosball, books and a kitchen full of coffee, fruit and even ice-cream.