UX ResearcherProduct London Permanent
The Workshop is a tech company that develops incredible software for our clients in the online gaming industry. We make simple, refined and beautifully-designed games, but that’s not all – we do everything from research and development to marketing and support services. How? By hiring great people and trusting them to challenge, change, improve and perfect our products and processes. It’s the kind of place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and move fearlessly forward.
As a Senior UX Researcher, you’ll work alongside our UI Designers, UX Designers, Developer engineers and Product Managers. You’ll play a strategic role in answers challenging questions for our digital products and services. Your role will be to help ask the hard questions, through research that explores our user’s needs, behaviors and motivations. Together, with your colleagues you’ll help shape beautiful, intuitive, accessible and elegant product experiences for our clients.
Working closely with our in-house Business Insight team, you’ll be responsible for championing user needs, establishing and advocating user-centric methodologies and deliver insights to both your direct colleagues within Product Design, as well as Product Managers, Software Engineers, and many others.
The Product Design department consists of UI Designers, Graphic Designers, UX Designers, Marketing and researchers, that support the larger company organization. That means you’ll be working across multiple teams and contributing towards an overarching experience strategy that transcends an expanding range of product and service offerings, via our digital, web and mobile apps.
We’re looking for team players. People who are comfortable with sharing and listening to others. We’re looking for people have a keen interest in design and ecosystems. Most importantly, people who are naturally empathetic, creative and have a passion for making the end product the best there is.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the in-house Business Insights (BI) team (be the bridge between the BI, Product Design and UX teams)
- Conduct in-house research to test new product and concept developments.
- Conduct strategic UX Research that will help provide guidance and advise within the product design team and the wider business.
- Conduct and/or lead key generative, formative, summative and evaluative research activities. This would include competitive & landscape research, expert & user interviews, person & remote) focus groups and surveys.-(in field research, usability studies
- Deliver user recruitment briefs, screeners, requirement gathering, script writing, test moderation, analysis, report writing and presenting.
- Partner with Product Designers, Product Manages, Software Engineers, other Researchers and other colleagues to oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch and beyond.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences (including senior leaders) through
written reports, oral presentations, and other novel approaches.
What you’ll bring
- A compelling portfolio comprising of numerous user studies showcasing your thinking, contribution, actions, and outcomes that stemmed from the work.
- Demonstrated competency and capabilities in planning, conducting, analysis and presenting qualitative research.
- Demonstrated experience in developing user personas and knowledge of creating experience maps.
- Experience of working with agile, lean, sprint based processes.
- Demonstrated ability of strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge of working on mobile products and web applications.
- Desirable, experience of working with games
- Strong interpersonal skills including; collaborating, sharing, listening, receiving feedback and be comfortable with taking direction.
- Strong qualitative research skills, be able to manage the end-to-end delivery (needs gathering, workshops, recruitment, interviews, analysis, reports, and presentations).
- Ability to work collaboratively and autonomously, managing your own time and competing demands.
- Natural desire to talk with Product Designers, Researchers, Products Managers and others around the business to identify research opportunities. Form research plans and support those around you to help deliver great user experiences.
- Ability to communicate the value of research, championing the user to inform our decisions, whilst balancing the needs of our identity and business.
What's in it for you
Our Inventors enjoy…
- A great location in the heart of London’s Soho
- Private medical insurance
- Pension plan
- Confidential support through Workplace Options
- Loads of social events – from our weekly Thirsty Thursday drinks trolley to our big seasonal parties.
- Keep your skills sharp with learning and training opportunities
- Season ticket loan
- Soft drinks and fresh fruit
- Ping pong, darts and pool
- Osteopathy and acupuncture
- Regular Hackathon (for the techies) and Designathon (for the code-phobes)
- Celebrate every four years of service with six weeks of paid leave on us
Sound good? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Are you a fearless inventor?