DevOps EngineerIT Services Malaga Permanent
At The Workshop, we invent and reinvent software solutions so businesses can rise above the competition. From disruptive software to cutting-edge technology, we’re all about thinking big and bringing our razor-sharp ideas to life. We’re not bogged down by process or limited by lack of aspiration. And we trust each other to make intelligent decisions, to challenge, change, improve and perfect. It’s a culture where forward-thinkers like you can be fearless.
Working for the teams who make and deliver our software, you’ll make sure services are effective across test, development and production environments. It’ll be your job to drive improvements, whether they relate to boosting enjoyment of the software or the efficiency of our Build and Deployment teams. You’ll be empowered to improve software, using your analytical and diagnostic flair to the full. And, above all, you’ll make certain our agile methodology isn’t hampered by operational requirements, or delays in delivery or software transitions.
You’ll be part of a super-motivated DevOps team with the mission of create new and awesome tools that will empower development teams around the company to do things in an automated and safer way, plus standardizing processes to ensure all the teams are aligned with the each other.
What you’ll do
- Plan upgrades of large, complex systems across a variety of environments, working closely with key staff across multiple sites.
- Manage technical releases including software deploys, de-risking deploys and change request reviews.
- Investigate and diagnose problems, assign or carry out code and deployment fixes, and keep documents up to date.
- Make workflow more efficient and the system more stable.
- Build and verify new servers, including tracking network changes.
- Build tools for automate, simplify and de-risk processes.
- Work with bleeding-edge tools and technologies.
What you’ll bring
- Familiar with containerization (Docker, rkt) and virtualization (VMWare, Vagrant, VirtualBox) technologies. Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes clusters will be highly considered.
- A strong and deep level of understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment concepts and tools, including SCMs (Git, Subversion), CI servers (Bamboo, Jenkins), build tools (Maven, Gradle), binary repositories (Nexus, Artifactory) and code quality tools (SonarQube). Experience with the Atlassian stack is advised.
- Strong knowledge around platform automation technologies, such as Puppet and Ansible. Experience with AWX is a plus.
- Good level of understanding regarding database administration, including but not limited to, Cassandra, Neo4j and ElasticSearch as well as the traditional ones (MySQL, Oracle, etc).
- Equipped with basic programming know-how – including an understanding of code and coding concepts – plus advanced knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby…). Knowledge in Django framework is a plus.
- Familiar with Java software development, including JEE concepts, current technologies and frameworks.
- A talented Linux administrator and investigator who knows about network diagnostics and services.
- Basic knowledge in Windows systems administration and investigation, with expertise that covers Event log and Services.
- Flexible enough to meet tight deadlines and driven to deliver to strict SLAs.
What’s in it for you
- Challenging and fulfilling work at an innovative, global company that uses cutting-edge tech.
- Global work experience in an Agile environment Competitive salary and relocation packages.
- Team building events, learning labs and extravagant corporate events.
- Office perks including gaming consoles, darts, pool, foosball, books and a kitchen full of coffee, fruit and even ice-cream.