Big Data DeveloperIT Services Malaga Permanent
At The Workshop, we invent and reinvent software solutions so businesses can rise above the competition. From disruptive software to cutting-edge technology, we’re all about thinking big and bringing our razor-sharp ideas to life. We’re not bogged down by process or limited by lack of aspiration. And we trust each other to make intelligent decisions, to challenge, change, improve and perfect. It’s a culture where forward-thinkers like you can be fearless.
The Workshop is currently looking for a Big Data Developer to join our dynamic team in Malaga. The ideal candidate will have an outstanding knowledge of fast moving and large volume data in multi-tiered data and analytics platform. The role involves design, development, implementation and support of a cutting edge real-time data platform, which includes including data streaming, data lake and a blazing fast analytics database.
We are in process of revamping our platform to store and process even more data at a higher velocity. We will be rebuilding large parts of the data platform with the latest set of technologies and techniques, it is an exciting time to join and we are looking for someone who is passionate, motivated, driven and up for the challenge.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and support the real time data platform
- Conceptualize, evaluate and build proof of concepts on new models, tools and techniques
- Collaborate, peer review, cross skill and share expertise with other team members
- Performance tuning of the system and work on new ways to increase efficiency
What you’ll bring
- Experience working with high velocity and high volume data, including good experience in handling relational, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Solid experience with Kafka and nice to have experience with HornetQ(JMS)/RabbitMQ
- Strong knowledge of database design and development with previous experience in developing ETL processes, and multidimensional data multidimensional data models
- Strong understanding of both relational and multidimensional modelling principles
- Solid understanding on Object Oriented Programming languages and must have a good experience in Java/Scala
- Solid experience with SQL queries and database tuning
- Problem solving skills, willingness to take ownership and risks, and enthusiasm in the face of technical challenges
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Strong communication skills
Nice to have:
- Good experience with data process technologies like Oracle ODI, Informatica, Snap Logic, Talend, Apache Spark
- Good knowledge of Hadoop Cluster Architecture and hands on experience within Cloudera Hadoop ecosystems
- Knowledge of Exasol
- Knowledge of any one of the scripting languages, such as Python, Shell Scripting or PERL
What’s in it for you
- Challenging and fulfilling work at an innovative, global company that uses cutting-edge tech
- Global work experience in an Agile environment
- Competitive salary and relocation packages
- Team building events, learning labs and extravagant corporate events
- Office perks including gaming consoles, table tennis, pool table, darts, foosball, books and a kitchen full of coffee, fruit and even ice-cream.