Director of ArchitectureSoftware Development Malaga Permanent
At The Workshop, we invent and reinvent software solutions so businesses can rise above the competition. From disruptive software to cutting-edge technology, we’re all about thinking big and bringing our razor-sharp ideas to life. We’re not bogged down by process or limited by lack of aspiration. And we trust each other to make intelligent decisions, to challenge, change, improve and perfect. It’s a culture where forward-thinkers like you can be fearless.
Reporting into the Chief Product Development Officer (CPDO) – the Director of Architecture will oversee the leadership, direction and governance of Software Architecture across the Studio.
The Studio provides Product Development capabilities across the organisation with a focus on designing and developing disruptive new ideas, implementing cutting-edge technology and delivering high quality solutions.
The position will oversee the planning and execution of all Software Architecture activities across Engineering including balancing and coordinating priorities, assigning duties and ensuring that all deadlines are met. This role requires a candidate that is capable of both strategic leadership and being hands on at an engineering level when required.
What you’ll do
- Provide technical leadership, direction and governance to the Architects and Engineering teams across the Studio
- Work closely with the Studio Leadership, Engineering and Product teams to identify suitable architecture/technical solutions
- Oversee the Architecture Board, a central governance process to ensure appropriate alignment and transparency of architecture across the Studio
- Define, implement and oversee a suitable lean process for identifying, documenting and handing over architecture to development teams
- Pro-actively drive innovation with new ideas and opportunities made available through new technologies
- Develop and maintain a compelling strategic technical vision for the organization that is aligned to the corporate OKR’s
- Mentor, coach and develop the Architects/Technical Leads across The Studio
What you’ll bring
- Experience with leading and directing cross-site Engineering and/or Architecture Teams at a strategic level
- Experience with Hands-on on day-to-day “man management” of Architects at a tactical level
- Experience with preparing and presenting proposals and initiatives to senior stakeholders to gain support and endorsement
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of designing and implementing “full-stack” enterprise scale solutions
- Experience with evaluating and on-boarding new technologies to solve current and future problems
- Experience with implementing Event Driven and Micro-Service Architectures
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile Methodologies such as RUP, XP and Scrum
- Experience with Architecture Frameworks such as TOGAF or Zachman
- Experience of Software Design Patterns including Enterprise Integration Patterns with hands-on experience of integrating 3rd party systems
- Experience with planning and executing rapid application development projects to tight deadlines
- Experience with recruiting, retaining and developing engineering talent
- Exceptional Stakeholder management skills
- A Common-sense and practical approach
- Fearless presentation skills that engage and captivate audiences
- Ability to inspire, motivate and influence others
- Proven track record of good decision making
- Stellar organisational and time management skills
- Background in Gaming or related field preferred.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ Years’ experience in progressive IT with an emphasis on leadership
What’s in it for you
- Challenging and fulfilling work at an innovative, global company that uses cutting-edge tech
- Global work experience in an Agile environment
- Competitive salary and relocation packages
- Amazing office in the Technology Park of Málaga
- Team building events, learning labs and extravagant corporate events
- Office perks including gaming consoles, darts, pool, foosball, books and a kitchen full of coffee, fruit and even ice-cream.