Development Team LeaderIT Services London Permanent
At The Workshop, we invent and reinvent software solutions so businesses can rise above the competition. From disruptive software to cutting-edge technology, we’re all about thinking big and bringing our razor-sharp ideas to life. We’re not bogged down by process or limited by lack of aspiration. And we trust each other to make intelligent decisions, to challenge, change, improve and perfect. It’s a culture where forward-thinkers like you can be fearless.
The Real Time Data Warehouse Team is looking for a Development Team Leader to coordinate a team of highly skilled developers and delivering complex internal development projects across a variety of products and technologies.
We are in process of revamping our platform to store and process even more data at a higher velocity. We will be rebuilding large parts of the data platform with the latest set of technologies and techniques, moving towards a messaging framework (Kafka, HornetQ(JMS) and RabbitMQ), a new data lake (Cloudera Hadoop), new data process technology (evaluating at the moment: Oracle ODI, Informatica, Snap Logic, Talend, Spark) and with the help of Exasol we are aiming to power up new, diverse, more complex and on the fly real-time Tableau reports across the whole company. It is an exciting time to join and take up the challenge.
What you’ll do
- Line management and personal development of a team of highly skilled developers – currently the pod contains four developers (including one Tech Lead) and we are hiring for two more open positions
- Conducting performance reviews
- Working closely with other RTDW team leaders to ensure a structured and coordinated planning of your team’s development
- Supporting project resource scheduling and team capacity planning
- Working closely with the RTDW Product Team to produce accurate delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design, development and delivery
- Ensure awareness, involvement and support from key stakeholders and participants by maintaining robust communication on the project status throughout its life cycle
- Release management, close coordination and collaboration with the other RTDW Team Leads to make sure dependencies are being clearly communicated and addressed
- Follow through changes post production, making sure to communicate the issues raised back to the team and coordinate with QA to avoid re-occurrence in the future
- Contribution to the definition of departmental strategies and progression of the defined objectives
- Continuous work on process improvements, fail fast if necessary
- Engage the team, gather feedback, take on-board any improvements that can be made and follow through – continue with what works, drop the rest
What you’ll bring
- Experience in leading and managing the delivery of system/software development projects in a structured environment
- Excellent personal organisation and ability to prioritise and carry out multiple tasks
- Experience in personal development planning and individual, team and process performance management
- Experience of people management, having the ability to lead and influence others and drive projects to meet key milestones
- Able to escalate and inform about potential issues very early on
- Excellent communication skills, always having in mind the targeted audience
- Willingness to understand people and processes, to help out people and simplify processes
- A can do attitude, open to challenge the status quo
What’s in it for you
- Challenging and fulfilling work at an innovative, global company that uses cutting-edge tech
- Global work experience in an Agile environment
- Competitive salary and relocation packages
- Team building events, learning labs and extravagant corporate events
- Office perks including gaming consoles, table tennis, pool table, darts, foosball, books and a kitchen full of coffee, fruit and even ice-cream.